I am a reliable, honest and capable non-smoker who will treat you and your home or the work site with respect and professionalism while I work. I see myself as a problem solver and able to use my experience, contacts and suppliers to recommend the most suitable products and methods backed up with £5 million public liability insurance.
I am able to provide preventative / managed maintenance often stopping problems before they escalate into disasters! That said it is best to be upfront and honest in saying I’m not CORGI or Gas Safe registered or a Part P electrician so I can’t work on any gas appliances and have to restrict electrical work to minor jobs. I’ll give you an honest opinion as to whether I can help and if I can’t, I can usually recommend someone who can.
General Property Maintenance
I have experience in a number of different trades enabling me to deal expertly with a wide range of tasks including but not limited to:
• Hanging pictures, doors, mirrors, TVs, blinds & curtains
• Assembling flatpack furniture
• Child-proofing sockets and other home safety items
• Draught proofing doors, windows and fitting loft insulation
• Bath and shower screen installation
• Pest control – filling in gaps and holes
I have a large portable carpentry tool kit including dust extractors for a clean site and wood working machinery in my workshop. I can build bespoke fitted furniture using real timbers or manufactured boards including:
• Cupboards, wardrobes & TV / media Units etc
• Floating or adjustable shelving
• Laying real wood / laminate floors
• Stud work and partitioning
• Boxing in pipes, cabling, boilers & meters etc
• Install and repair wardrobes other furniture
Interior & Exterior Decorating
• Residential and commercial sites
• Surface preparation for wood, metal, plaster and stone / render
• Wood staining & floor sanding / finishing
• Floor & wall tiling
• Air and airless spraying
• Decorative finishes such as colour washing and metal etching
• Applying floor coverings, off the roll carpet, floor / LVT tiles
Exterior Carpentry / Construction & Gardening / Landscaping
• Fence repairs and replacement
• General gardening such as weeding, pruning, hedge trimming and grass cutting
• Outdoor security, garden lights and AV
• Brick & block-work for (small) walls and paving patios & driveways
• Raised beds, boxes and planters
• Design and construction of small outbuildings such as garden offices, summer houses and
shepherds huts etc
I can install / replace / move sockets, lighting and other electrical fittings but can’t install new circuits. I can design and install cabling for phone, computer networking, CCTV, alarm and access systems and can work with wireless technologies where required. I have a good understanding of AV standards and system integration for leisure, professional and business use.
IT, Tech Support & Design
Having worked as an IT manager for ten years and set up my own IT consultancy I am able to troubleshoot and work with PCs & Mac’s ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose. I am able to design and install data networks and recommend upgrades / peripherals where needed and provide tuition in popular software and online security.
I can create mood-boards, style guides, 3D visualisations as well as considered well thought out design for a wide range of communication material.